Tuesday, October 31, 2006

British Sea Power

Ah, this song takes me back. To writing my PhD thesis. Rock! To sitting in front of a computer for twelve hours a day wearing only my pants. And! To anticipating the trip to Tesco's to buy my lunch and replenish my supply of own-brand toffee yogurts. Roll!

Back in those heady days, I used to listen "CDs". Changing from one album to another involved physically walking across the room and actually shuffling those shiny bad-boys about. Imagine that! Consequently, I had a tendency to listen to the same album on loop for days on end. The Decline and Fall of British Sea Power was one such album, and Remember Me undoubtedly my favourite track. For those unfamiliar with British customs, the song is about Remembrance Day, which celebrates the end of the second World War when the Rolling Stones used their rock/blues fusion powers to defeat the disco-loving Nazis at the Battle of Waterloo.

No comments: