Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Decemberists

The war theme continues today. War, huh! Good God, what is it good for? Inspiring quality rock songs. Say it again! In fact, while you listen to The Decemberists gently croon about the loss of fallen comrades, I shall share with you the loss of a much anticipated gig. The Decemberists are playing at the Orpheum on Saturday night, and I've been harping on about going for at least two months. I then go and agree to a dinner party the same night. Fucksocks.

I did, however, look at the Ticketmaster (hold on a minute while I disinfect my keyboard after typing those letters) website - only the fancy-pants tickets are left at $28 a pop, which in itself is not too bad for such a quality band in a cool venue. But get this, Ticketmaster (may their souls burn forever in the eternal fires of the ninth circle of purgatory) want $9.05, PER TICKET, as a "convenience charge". And just how much "convenience" are you getting for a third of the price of a ticket? Um, not a lot - delivery of said ticket is an extra $3! I have become enraged.

No comments: