Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Belle and Sebastian

Now, I'm not a huge fan of Belle and Sebastian, and I think recordings of live performances are a bit of a waste of time (as they're necessarily imperfect renditions in comparison to studio recordings, yet they also that fail to capture the buzz and energy of "being there"). So here's a video of The boy with the arab strap from Coachella a few years ago. How could I resist a track that follows the line I am a lazy git with a recorder solo (I'm informed by a reliable source that "recorders are kewl". I'm fairly sure use of the term "kewl" is not cool, but with kids nowadays, you can never be sure).

And yes, this track was used as the theme tune to Teachers, a show that was undoubtedly kewl skill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Excellent choice. What was the theme tune for This Life? Can we have that one next please?

mogwins said...

I don't do requests. It's "What I've been listening to". Anyway, I think the This Life theme tune was just done by a session musician, rather than it being a proper song.

Incidentally, did you know they're doing a reunion episode this year? Apparently it begins with Ferdy's funeral...